Dealers Registration Status: [CLOSED]
Dealers Registration begins at noon on September 15th, 2018. The link to Register will be available immediately below closer to the date.
A ‘Space’ at Texas Furry Fiesta is 6’ by approximately 7’; by default this comes with one 6’ x 2.5’ table and two chairs. Either table or chairs can be omitted, but you must let us know ahead of time.
Electricity is not included by default, but must be purchased ahead of time — it cannot be added on site. This can be done when registering (recommended) or any time prior to Pre-Registration closing.
|First Space (Includes 1 Attending Membership)
|Additional Space (Limit 2)
Space Allotment and Priority:
First Priority – Furry Fiesta Partners
Furry Fiesta is hosted by Dallas Regional Anthropomorphic Meeting Association (D.R.A.M.A.), a non-profit organization; we run on a purely voluntary basis, and we rely on the donations of time and materials by our attendees, volunteers, and Staff. As such, we give those people who partner with the Convention and provide goods and services used for the greater good of all attendees and our Charity (CARE) first priority. Opportunities to help exist both at the Convention, and prior-to. These seats only account for a handful of vendors. Please see the section below for more information.
Second Priority – First Come, First Serve
The bulk our seating will be assigned on a first-come, first served basis.
Third Priority – Lottery
We realize that not everyone can be available the moment the registration form goes live; as such, we reserve 25% of the total seating as a lottery for all remaining applicants. These are not available as double-space lots.
- On September 15th, at Noon Central time, we will begin taking Dealer Applications. The link to the application will be on this page, in the top section. The link will be made available in the days prior to the Con, but submission will not be possible until Sept 15th.
- We will close applications at the end of the day on September 21st.
- We will notify all those who are First-Come, First-Served of their selection on September 23rd; Partnerships will be aware of their status well before this point due to the need to negotiate prices, quantities, etc. Any applicants who did not make the cut-off will also receive a communication of their Lottery status.
- Round 1 will have until the end of the day October 6th to complete payment, or their space(s) will be added to the Lottery pool.
- On October 7th, we will draw from the applicants for the Lottery; they will be notified by email that day. You will also receive a notification if you were NOT selected, so regardless of status you should have a communication from us on that day.
- Applicants drawn in the Lottery will have until October 20th to complete payment.
- Any remaining spaces will be offered up to the Waiting List based on application timestamp starting on October 21st.
2019 Dealer Registration Schedule – ALL TIMES CENTRAL
| September 15th, Noon
||Dealer Registration Opens
| September 21st 11:59pm
||Dealer Registration Closes
| September 23rd
||Round 1 Results Sent
(Partnerships & First Come/First Served)
|Sept 23rd to Oct 6th, 11:59pm
||Round 1 Payment Window
||Round 2 Results Sent (Lottery)
|October 7th – 20th, 11:59pm
||Round 2 Payment Window
||Unpaid/Abandoned spaces released to Waiting List
Furry Fiesta Partnerships
A Convention is a very resource-heavy event; it requires large amounts of time, energy, money and dedication. Furry Fiesta is non-profit, which in turn means that all money accrued for a given year is reinvested into the following year’s event. Many may not realize it, but TFF is staffed by a team of several hundred people, and requires a budget well into the six-digit ($150,000+) range. Partnerships with outside entities help us make our limited resources go further; for those entities who are vendors, we do what we can to help them in return by giving them a place in our Den. Typically, we exchange Den space primarily for goods used for Registration and our Charity events. For example, Charity donations have been prizes for our Charity events (poker, plinko, etc), or for our Charity Auction, and have included such things as small trinkets, fursuit partials, board games, video games, etc.
Registration donations are usually in the form of bag goodies for attendees, such as bookmarks, stickers, or other small prizes. However, be aware that our attendance is growing, with 2019 estimated around 4200. More often donations are made for our Sponsor/Super Sponsor bags, which usually number around 375 (Super Sponsor) to 975 (both types). To name a few, these have been anything from small plush toys, to prints, to vinyl stickers. It is perfectly acceptable to brand these donations with your company info so our Attendees are aware of where they came from.
We sometimes need services, as well, from loaning us equipment to pipe and drape for our event staging. We do not, currently, need any printing services as we have several entities that already assist us with this aspect.
Registration exchanges can take two forms. The first form is simply for a guaranteed space in our Den, in exchange for a low-manufacturing-cost item such as a print (we just need the digital file, not physical prints); the donation, in this case, is the time and effort that goes into creating such. The second form of exchange is more for higher-manufacturing-cost items, such as soap, plushies, stickers, key chains, etc. This exchange not only involves a guaranteed spot in our Den, but also offsetting the cost of materials/shipping with compensation such as spaces and memberships to the Con, plus covering additional costs if necessary.
If you are interested in the above, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Type of donation offering (general Con service, charity donation, bulk item donation, other).
- If item donation, how many? Is it something like bookmarks for us to place in every bag, or a smaller scale such as Sponsor/Super Sponsor bag items?
- Website/gallery — if applicable.
- Any other information we may need to know about you.
We will review your email, and respond to you to begin discussing your offer. All offers of Partnership for 2019 must be received by August 1st, 2018. Offers received after this point MAY be considered for 2019, but more than likely will be held for 2020.
Dealers Den Rules and Regulations:
1. Texas Sales Tax Permit
All vendors must possess a Texas Sales Tax Permit to do business at Furry Fiesta, with the exception of demonstration-only vendors (no sales) or a registered charity. No Dealer will be allowed to set-up without a Texas Sales Tax Permit on file with the Vendor Coordinator.
- Obtaining a Texas Sales Tax Permit is a free, quick and painless process which can be done online at https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/sales/
- If you have not received your official certificate before Furry Fiesta 2019, please bring a copy of the signed form you faxed/mailed to the Comptroller’s Office with you to Furry Fiesta 2019. Vendors selling any item at Furry Fiesta must collect all Taxes and Tariffs required by the State of Texas.
- Vendor merchants are also responsible for the submission of these taxes to the appropriate offices. (Sales Tax for Dallas, Texas is currently 8.25%.)
- You may file by email your Texas Sales Tax Permit ahead of time or stop by the Coordinator’s table and file it at any point during the Den’s registration & operational hours.
Note: We may have limited facilities in place to assist in registering for a Texas Sales Tax Permit at Furry Fiesta 2019. However, to ensure that you are ready to set-up and do not get an unpleasant surprise, we highly recommend that you obtain your Texas Sales Tax Permit before Furry Fiesta 2019.
2. Electricity Usage
The Dealers Den provides electricity access for a fee of $35.
3. Posting of Signs & Display Rules
Use of the space provided is up to the Dealer, but certain restrictions apply:
- Each Dealer is restricted to the use of the space on top of, and immediately behind, their table. Side stands may be permitted, but only upon the approval of the Vendor Coordinator.
- You may not encroach on your neighbor’s space (including neighbors behind you) without their permission. Please be courteous.
- Displays that include sounds or lights (including videos) are permitted as long as they do not annoy your fellow dealers and/or attendees. If complaints are received, you will be asked to turn off these items.
- Squeakers and other noisemakers are allowed, provided they do not unduly annoy other dealers. Please remember that not everyone enjoys listening to them all day for three days in a row. Please be kind.
- Vendor merchants may not adhere anything on the wall using any method, period. All wall displays must be free-standing.
- Each space comes with one table and two chairs, unless otherwise requested. These requests MUST be submitted to the Vendor Coordinator prior to set-up, or the table will remain for the duration of the Convention.
4. Prohibited Items
Please be aware of items prohibited for sale. This list may be appended at any time. Should you have questions about whether an item may or may not be sold, please contact us. Furry Fiesta reserves the right to ask retailers to remove from display or sale any items the Staff feels are inappropriate.
Prohibited items include (but are not limited to):
- Firearms, no exceptions.
- Alcohol, no exceptions.
- Weapons which are not peace-bonded.
- Flammable/incendiary items other than candles and incense.
- Candles and incense may not be lit for demonstration purposes.
- Scents and Perfumes may be limited if the smells are overbearing and affecting other attendees.
- Home-made food items manufactured in facilities without FDA or local health inspector oversight.
- Bootleg or knock-off goods.
- Any other item prohibited in the State of Texas or the City of Dallas.
Furry Fiesta reserves the right to ask retailers to remove from display or sale any items the Staff feels are inappropriate.
5. Adult Material
Adult material is permitted, but it must be tastefully censored or otherwise obscured to prevent access by minors. All Adult Material (including but not limited to printed, video, computer-generated, drawn, audio and physical) must be censored. The retailer is responsible for policing his or her own space to keep minors from being inadvertently exposed. All minors will be wearing a distinctly colored and labeled Minor badge, but retailers must check ID if the individual appears to be less than 18 years of age. If adult art is loose or in a binder, individual works must be censored.
6. Retailer Liability:
Vendors are responsible, within reason, for any damage to hotel property and/or equipment loaned to them due to inappropriate use. Hotel property and equipment may not be modified in any way, including but not limited to: Holes, chips, paint, glue or damage due to rough or inappropriate behavior. Furry Fiesta, DRAMA and the Hyatt Regency Dallas are not liable for any personal injury or damage to equipment or property caused by the inappropriate use of hotel equipment, such as falling while standing on a chair or table. Please use provided equipment responsibly.
7. Layout Changes
Furry Fiesta reserves the right to make changes to any published Dealers layout, as needed, at any time up-to and including during set-up.
8. All Furry Fiesta Rules must be followed in addition to the rules listed here.
9. Furry Fiesta reserves the right to amend these rules without prior or posted notice.