Furry Fiesta 2019: Roll Fur Initiative will be held at the Hyatt Regency Dallas. Seated in the heart of downtown Dallas below the iconic Reunion Tower, the Hyatt Regency Dallas is an amazing sight to behold.
Recently renovated, this venue has over 1,100 guest rooms and 160,000 square feet of meeting space. It’s within walking distance of picturesque sites including the West End Historic District. And it’s directly connected to the Union Station transit hub making it extremely convenient for mass transit options.
Hyatt Regency Dallas
300 Reunion Blvd, Dallas, TX 75207
Available Room Types
- Single King Bed – *$149/night (sleeps 3 people max)
- Two Queen Beds – *$149/night (sleeps 4 people max)
- Premier City View upgrade for Single King or Two Queen Bed rooms – $25 +tax additional per night.
- Executive Single King Bed – *$194 +tax per night (sleeps 4 people max)
- Horizon Suite – *$399 +tax per night (sleeps 4 people max)
- Sunset Suite – *$429 +tax per night (sleeps 4 people max)
*See tax, deposit, and parking details below
Online: Reserve Now!
Last Day to Book
Reserve by March 6, 2019, for guaranteed group rate. After this, rates and availability are subject to change based on the hotel’s overall occupancy.
Hotel Front Desk
Read on below for details about parking, suites, deposits, and lots of other important details!
Frequently Asked Hotel Questions for the Hyatt Regency Dallas
- Q: Can I get a cheaper room at the Hyatt through another website or company?
- A: No. The Hyatt has agreed not to provide a lower room rate through any other group or company during Furry Fiesta’s dates. If you find a lower rate through another company, or if another company contacts you claiming to have a lower rate, please email details to email@example.com. You’ve most likely encountered a scam, bait-and-switch program, or credit card fraudster. If you’ve already booked a room at the Hyatt through another company, please also send us the reservation confirmation number and name the reservation is under so we can confirm whether the reservation is genuine.
- Q: Is there a deposit charged when I reserve a room?
- A: No. You must provide a valid credit card as a guarantee when reserving the room. However, your card will not charged until the end of your stay, or until the morning after your scheduled arrival date if you do not check in and do not cancel your reservation by 3:00pm Central time, three days (72 hours) prior to your scheduled check-in date.
- Q: Is there a deposit or credit card hold required at check-in for incidentals?
- A: Yes. The Hyatt Regency Dallas will place a hold on your credit card for $40 per night of your stay for incidentals. Also, for suites, the Hyatt Regency Dallas charges an additional $250 damage deposit per stay and requires signing an agreement at check-in. Standard credit cards or cash are encouraged for deposits. Use of debit cards for this is discouraged as it may result in a hold on funds in your bank account until 3-5 days after your check out. We encourage you to use this deposit to your advantage by billing your visits to the hotel bar and restaurants to your room.
- Q: What are the local tax rates?
- A: Sales tax is 8.25% on all local purchases. Hotel tax is 15.26% (13% state and local hotel tax plus 2% Tourism Public Improvement District Assessment tax for a total tax of 15.26%.)
- Q: How much does parking cost?
- A: Furry Fiesta has negotiated $5-per-day discounted parking with in-out privileges for our attendees in the Hyatt’s multiple self-parking surface lots. Here’s how this works:
- Hotel guests will use their hotel room keys to exit the self-parking lots. This will incur a single $5 per-day per-vehicle charge on their room bill. Arriving attendees should park first, then proceed to the front desk and check into their room to get room keys to exit the parking lots.
- Non-hotel guests must park, then check in with event registration to obtain their membership badge, then show their attendee badge at the valet desk in the lobby (during the day) or valet window outside the front entrance (during the evenings) to purchase a discounted parking pass for the number of days needed.
- Valet prices (not discounted) are:
- 0 – 4 hours, $22.00 + 8.25% tax
- 4 – 8 hours, $26.00 + 8.25% tax
- 8 – 24 hours, $32.00 + 8.25% tax
- Overnight, $32.00 + 8.25% tax
- Valet in/out privileges for hotel guests only
- Q: Can I ship items to the hotel to be waiting for me when I arrive?
- A: Yes. The FedEx branch inside the Hyatt handles all guest package receiving. However there is a receiving fee in most cases. Click here for details.
- Q: Are roll-away beds available?
- A: A limited number of roll-away beds are available for $20 per night +8.25% tax each. These are available on a first-come-first-served basis at check-in.
- Q: How much should I tip housekeeping?
- A: You should plan to leave $2 to $4 per person in the room each day. Tip more if you’ve left a mess. Tip daily if possible as you may have different housekeeping staff each day.
- Q: Does the hotel bar place a hold on my credit/debit card when I open a tab?
- A: Yes. Monduel’s Bar will place a $50 authorization on your credit or debit card when you open a tab. The balance of this will be released when your bar tab is closed. However, your bank or credit card company may take 3-10 business days to make those released funds available to you. You can avoid this hold by asking to pay for each drink and food order individually instead of opening a tab.
- Q: Can I get my room for free if I keep it clean?
- A: Possibly! After housekeeping cleans your room(s) each day, they will give Furry Fiesta a list of exceptionally clean rooms. On Sunday, if we see your name on that list every day you were checked in, your name gets entered into a drawing to get up to three (3) nights of your stay free of charge to you. We’ll announce the winner or winners at closing ceremonies. (If you’ve already checked out and paid by then, you’ll be refunded the difference.)
- Q: How do I get to the hotel and parking lots?
- A: See our Travel Page for details.
- Q: How can I make a special request for my reservation? (specific floor, connecting rooms, etc).
- A: Call Hyatt Reservations at 888-421-1442 for special requests. If you reserve online, you should also enter these types of requests in the reservations comment box to ensure the front desk sees them when you check in. But you should call Hyatt Reservations at 888-421-1442 afterward to be sure they are acknowledged.
- Q: How many people can sleep in each room?
- A: The Hyatt Regency Dallas allows a maximum of 3 guests to sleep in each King room and Premier City View King room, and a maximum of 4 guests to sleep in each Queen room, Premier City View Queen room, Executive King room, and each suite. Please indicate accurately how many adults you plan to have in your room. If you have a room with two queen beds, you should list at least 2 adults. If you only list one adult but reserve a room with two queen beds, the hotel may automatically change your reservation to a single king bed later.
- Q: What is the minimum age to reserve a hotel room?
- A: Anyone with a valid credit card or debit card can reserve a room. However, the person checking into the room must be at least 18 years of age.
- Q: I have a fear of heights. Will that be an issue?
- A: You can request a room with the lowest possible floor when making your reservation. If you reserve online, we recommend following up with a phone call to Hyatt Reservations at 888-421-1442 to make sure your request is acknowledged. Floors 1-15 are also serviced by the two Skyline Elevators which do not feature a view outside of the hotel.
- Q: Where can I hold a room party? Can I hold a room party if I have a suite?
- A: Room parties may only be held in rooms and suites located inside Furry Fiesta’s dedicated room party area. Rooms and suites outside of the dedicated party area may not be used to host room parties. We will open to applications for our dedicated room party area soon. Please reserve a room of the type you want first. Include your reservation acknowledgement number or confirmation number on your application when you apply for a party area space. If your application is accepted, we will move your existing reservation to this area. If you have questions about our dedicated party area, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: Can I post signs on my room door or elsewhere?
- A: No. The Hyatt Regency Dallas does not allow signs (including room signs) to be attached to any wall, door, window, mirror, elevator, or surface via any method, including tape, adhesive, glue, fasteners, string, brackets, magnets, rubber bands, static cling, sovereign glue, tanglefoot bag contents, sticky floor spells or other magic, etc. Any room signs found attached to walls or doors will be removed. You may use door handle hangers as long as they do not damage the door. Furry Fiesta is providing door handle hangers for this purpose to every attendee at registration check-in. However, content on these must adhere to a “G” rating (general audiences, all ages, nothing that would offend parents for viewing by children).
- Q: Is there Internet service available?
- A: Yes. Complimentary standard wi-fi Internet access is provided for up to 6 devices per room in guest rooms and public areas. Access details are provided at check-in. Free internet access is available to non-hotel guests in public areas. Internet access is not available to attendees in function spaces.
- Q: Are refrigerators available?
- A: Every guest room has a mini-fridge.
- Q: Is there ice available?
- A: There are ice machines stationed on each floor.
- Q: Is there a courtesy shuttle service to/from nearby attractions?
- A: Yes, there is a small courtesy shuttle that travels within a 2-mile radius on a first-come-first-served basis. See the Concierge desk to the left of the front desk for more details. (And don’t forget to tip your driver!)
- Q: Can I distribute flyers?
- A: Yes, but only in limited places. Flyers may be placed only on our designated message boards and on tables in convention space. You may not leave flyers in public spaces such as the hotel lobby, coffee shop, bar area, restaurant area, etc. All sign and flyer content must be PG-13 in nature.
- Q: Will the swimming pool be open?
- A: The swimming pool is not heated, but it is open year-round.
- Q: Can I punch a hole in my room key to attach it to my lanyard or with a badge clip?
- A: We don’t recommend this. The room keys at this hotel are electronic. Using a hole punch or slot punch on your room key may render it inoperable.
- Q: I don’t see my question here.
- A: Please email your question to email@example.com and our team of awakened hotel-wizard lions will commune with the Oracle of Hyatt to seek answers for you!